Tech4Africa , why you should be there.
The annual Tech4Africa conference, running for its 5th year will be held in Johannesburg at the SciBono Discovery centre in Newton on the 8th and 9th of October. They have already been in Lagos, Nairobi and Cape Town and it is now Jozi’s turn to be abuzz with technology talks. Our very own Felix Erken, CEO of Junk Mail Publishing is a guest speaker at this years event and we are very proud to have him representing Job Mail as well.
Tech4Africa focuses on technical workshops and sessions for practitioners, and then engaging talks which impart knowledge, perspective, African context and inspiration and it is the premier mobile, web and tech event in Africa.
“We think that the best tech ecosystems in the world have regular events which bring together people in tech to learn, meet new people and have lots of fun.
We don’t like suits and ties, there are no plenaries, committees and chair people. We focus on great content and value for all who attend, free wifi, coffee all day, fun at night, and an electric atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else.”
Their goal is that people walk away both informed, entertained and inspired. Placing greatest emphasis on learning, interaction, engagement and discussion, they want Tech4Africa to be a place for new ideas and to encourage people to make and change things.
And looking at the line-up of speakers from the who’s who in technology pioneers to great visionaries these 2 days are going to be awesome. If technology is your game or you want to be a part of this country’s future then be sure to hop on over to their website and by your tickets before it is too late.
Some of the speakers are:
- Junk Mail and Job Mail’s very own CEO, Felix Erken, who will be talking about the power of simplicity in technology.
- Mike Sharman from Retroviral who will be presenting his holy grail of marketing online content go “viral”
- Gareth Cliff from Cliffcentral will be talking about why he is betting his brand and income on internet radio.
- Yaron Assabi from Digital Solutions group who will be revealing why mobile is the most formidable platform in Africa.
- Shaune Jordaan from Saatchi & Saatchi who will be talking about how data gives us the ability to change our digital campaigns and creative
- Andrew Hugo from Money for Jam who will be talking about moving through the crowd.
As Job seekers you would be very interested in hearing Felix Erken and Andrew Hugo’s presentations as they are both in the job finding industry.
If you do happen to miss this event – never fear when twitter is here, I am sure there will be many tweets sent out to give you a bird’s eye view on what is going on. You can follow their official hashtag #tech4Africa and while you are on your phone watching those tweets why not browse Job Mail on your mobile phone for a marketing job? You can search and even register your CV for free and let employers find you.