Make a Good First Impression with your Electrical Engineering CV

Your CV should create a good first impression. You can get ahead of your competitors by adapting your CV according to your profession. Composing your CV with the specific job role in mind is also advisable. If you are applying for Electrical Engineering jobs you can enhance your chances of getting your dream position by following these guidelines:

Impress-With-Your-Electrical-Engineering-CV

The first step is to browse through the available jobs in Gauteng to get an idea of what employers are looking for. Your CV should be concise and to the point. You should only include information which is relevant to the position that you are applying for. A CV that has a professional appearance is appealing to potential employers. It is essential to ensure that there are no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors on your CV.

Start your CV with an overview of your personal information. You should include details such as your name, address, age and contact details. Following your personal details, write a summary of your career. This section aims to showcase your work experience and highlight your key responsibilities in these positions. Although your career details should be brief, it is important that your potential employer knows what you are capable of. To increase your chances of being hired, you can list the contact details of previous employers who will be able to give you an excellent reference. Attaching a written reference can also be to your benefit.

It is advisable to add a section that lists your personality traits. Include traits which are requirements of an electrical engineering position. This includes outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Sound logical skills and analytical capabilities are also pertinent to this position. Other traits that are beneficial to mention are the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.

Electrical-Engineering

The section detailing your education is a chance to show off your credentials. List the name of the university that you attended and include the date that you studied there. Any other courses that you have completed should be added here. If you have won any awards they should be included in this section.

Now that you know how to write an impressive CV you can get started on job applications. December and January are the best times to apply for vacancies.

Looking for Electrical Engineering jobs or other available jobs in Gauteng? Then visit www.JobMail.co.za for great opportunities.
Electrical-Engineering-Jobs Electrical-Engineer-Job-VacanciesElectrical-Engineering-icons

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. mayford ndlovu says:

Looking for a job

• Henno Kruger says:

Thank you for your feedback. If you have not registered your CV on Job Mail yet, then follow this link: http://goo.gl/h5pJHj. Then look for Jobs that you need at http://goo.gl/tx8kCk and apply for them. Search for “Gardener”, “Cashier”, “Driver”, “Internship”, “Learnership” (or any other keyword) to find relevant jobs on Job Mail. Hope you find the job that you need soon. E-mail us via signmeup@jobmail.co.za if you want to sign up for our weekly newsletters.

2. suzan says:

Hello. I’m a 38yrs old lady. Since I studied electrical engineering in 2005. I passed my N1-N3 with no practicals. I’ve been looking for opportunities but unfortunately no luck for me. I really love electrical engineering and I’m still looking for a company that can offer me the opportunity as I’ll be a good asset to that company. I have experience in sales and call center but I’m still looking forward to having my dream being true. Is there any company that is willing to help women out there regardless of experience they have? I’m a very fast learner and always looking forward for new challenges. Please advice if there is any help out there. Kind regards,

• Henno Kruger says:

3. Avhaluvhei Tshifularo says:

Hello. I’m a 28 yr old. Since I studied electrical engineering in 2007. I passed my N3 to N5 and also complete phase one and phase two in electrical engineering with one year practicals. I’ve been looking for opportunities but unfortunately no luck for me. I really love electrical engineering and I’m still looking for a company that can offer me the opportunity as I’ll be a good asset to that company. I will happy if I can get another opportunity to learn more on my career and help the company with my experience.

• Henno Kruger says:

4. sanele says:

How to improve your CV if you just completed your study in 2013 at varsity and looking for 1st job? Thank you

• Henno Kruger says:

Highlight some of your achievements at school and varsity. If you did have a part time job, add that onto your CV.