Let jobs find you, set up a Job Mail Job Alert
Browsing the web searching for job opportunities can be tiresome and daunting, especially when you can’t find what you are looking for among the masses op vacancies being advertised.
What if there was a way to make the right job opportunities find you instead of the other way around?
What’s great about Job Alerts is that it not only notifies you of fantastic opportunities in your industry and field of interest, but gives you the advantage of being one of the first to apply for a job.
So how do you set up a Job Alert on Job Mail?
Follow these simple steps and then just wait for great job opportunities to come knocking…
1. Login to your account. You’ll find this box on the top right of the Job Mail home page. If you are not registered as a job seeker on Job Mail yet, click here to register before you start the process to set up a job alert.
2. When you log in you’ll be directed to the job seeker dashboard. Click on “Find a New Job” (on the bottom left of the page). The menu will expand. Click on “Manage Alerts” once it has expanded.
3. Click on the “Add An Alert” to continue the process.
4. You will now see this form in front of you.
- Give your alert a name (e.g. “Sales”, “Marketing”, “Finance”, etc).
- Fill in the keywords for the position(s) you are looking for (e.g. “Receptionist”, “PA”, “Social Media”, “Fitter”, “Turner”, etc – more than one keyword is allowed for an alert, but try to keep it short and to the point, e.g. “Sales Representative”, “PHP Developer”, etc.
- Choose the province where you are job hunting from the drop down list.
- Choose the industry in which you are job hunting from the drop down list.
- Choose the sub-industry in which you are job hunting from the drop down list.
- Select the notice period for your updates (every 2 days, every week or every 2 weeks)
- Tick the “Alert me via e-mail” box if you want to receive job alerts via e-mail. If you don’t want to receive e-mails you can log into your Job Mail profile regularly to check if jobs have been posted in your field.
- Click on “SAVE” to complete the process.
If you have completed the process, the “Manage Alerts” section should look similar to this.
You can set up as many job alerts as you want to. If you any queries, feel free to e-mail our Webmaster.