Feed your job ads from Job Mail via RSS Feed
Job Mail introduces a job ads feed for employers. (RSS Feed)
What does this mean for you? If you have an account with Job Mail (premium) you can take this RSS Feed and send your job ads to an external source, such as:
1) Your own website
2) Social Platforms such as:
This will save you time as you won’t have to re-type your job ads onto another platform. You can easily share your vacancies on the platforms where your candidates are – with 1 feed you can reach them all.
How to setup the RSS Feed to send job ads back to your own website.
Copy the code (URL) given to you on your account dashboard and code it into your careers / vacancies page. (You might need a developer’s help on this one.)
How to setup the RSS Feed to send job ads to your Twitter account and other social platforms.
- Set up an account on Twitterfeed.com
- Once your account is set up, you need to create a feed, so click on “Create New Feed”.
- Choose a Feed Name, (e.g. Jobs on Job Mail) and then copy and paste the feed into the “Blog URL or RSS Feed URL” box.
- Then click on “test rss feed”. It should confirm that the feed is okay with a green text “Feed parsed OK” message.
- Next click on “Advanced Settings”. A new form with fields will open on the same page.
- Set the Update Frequency to every hour (because you don’t want to spam users).
- Set the limit for the amount of updates at a time. Choose 1 (if you don’t post a lot of vacancies) or 5 when you’re posting a lot of vacancies on Job Mail.
- Add a Post Prefix (e.g. #Jobs) / Post Suffix (e.g. “via @yourTwitterhandle” or “via @jobmail”) for your Tweets.
- Click on “Continue to Step 2”.
- On the next screen, click on “Twitter” (under “Available Services”).
- If you’re not logged into Twitter, open up a new tab, log in and then click on “Authenticate Twitter Using OAuth”. This will allow Twitter to post the feed to your Twitter account.
- Then click on “Create Service”.
- TwitterFeed also supports sending feeds to LinkedIn and Facebook. Simply follow the process as above.
And there you have it, a live feed from Job Mail to you and your candidates.