5 top logistics companies in South Africa to work for
South Africans consumers and businesses are experiencing a constant and steady flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of consumption thanks to a thriving logistics industry (which makes a significant contribution to our country’s GDP).
Today we’re highlighting 5 top logistics companies in South Africa to work for.
1. Gautrain: If you live in Gauteng province, you may be familiar with this world class 80 km mass transit system. This service has a fleet of 24 trains and 125 buses which transports +/-31,000 passengers a day to and from stations in Pretoria, Centurion, Midrand, Johannesburg and O.R. Tambo international airport. The Gautrain provides commuters with an affordable, quick and safe alternate mode of transport.
2. Imperial Logistics: This company was established in 2013 following the consolidation of two Imperial companies: BROCO and Cargo Africa. Imperial Logistics develops logistics solutions through structured and well defined processes.
Their aim is to establish partnership with clients and to fully understand and know their business and the markets they serve. They analyse their logistics needs and supply chains and design and build logistics solutions. Imperial implements, executes and manages their solutions.
3. Aramex South Africa: Aramex is a leading provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions worldwide. The company encourages creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. Since 1982 they have rapidly evolved into a global brand. They are recognized globally for their customer service and innovative multi-product offerings.
Aramex’s purpose is to enable and facilitate regional and global trade and commerce. The company employs over 12,300 people in 353 locations across 60 countries. In December 2011 Aramex acquired Berco Express (a South African company founded in 1992).
4. DHL Africa: DHL is the most international company in the world. DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories globally and employs over 315,000 people. The company provide solutions for a ridiculous number of logistics needs.
This global logistics market leader wants to simplify the lives of their customers, wants to make their customers, employees and investors more successful and wants to make a positive contribution to the world we live in.
5. Dawn Wing Global Express: This leading South African Courier and Logistics company was founded in 1989 by an entrepreneur (who believed first-class service and a personal approach was the key to a successful business).
Dawn Wing has 14 strategically placed hubs which provides employment to 625 employees. The company services 281 routes daily. Dawn Wing is driven by a need to innovate through the application of technology and through customized solutions and tailor-made products.
Well, there you have it, our list of 5 top logistics companies in South Africa to work for. Do you agree with our list? Leave a comment and let us know who you think should be listed here. Feedback is appreciated.
Are you recruiting staff for your logistics company? Sign up for one of Job Mail’s recruitment solutions today!