5 Interview Tips for Job Seekers
So you got that interview, but now what? How do you ensure that you actually get that desired job? The way you present and market yourself at an interview is the deciding factor on whether or not you will get the job. We will regularly be posting some simple interview tips that will help you make a great impression on your potential employer and land that perfect job! Here are this week’s interview tips:
- Preparation and confidence – Being prepared for your interview will give you loads confidence. Prepare yourself practically and gather information beforehand which will be useful during your interview.
- Checklist – Always consider the following things before going to your interview: Confirm the time, date and location of the interview and name of interviewee where appropriate. Plan to arrive at your interview no earlier than half an hour before the time. Be professionally and appropriately dressed. Concentrate during the interview. If you are asked to bring certificates, references etc., get them ready before the day. Your interview letter must be with you. On arrival report yourself to the receptionist.
- Be on time – Remember you never get a second chance to make a first impression. So be on time for your interview! If you are running late, the best option is to phone them.
- Know the company that is interviewing you – Come prepared! Look at the company’s website beforehand and learn as much as you can. This will make a great impression on the interviewer and improve your chances of getting employed
- Write down and practice answering possible questions – You will be able to recall information and answer the interviewer quickly and give good and relevant answers. This will give the impression that you are sharp and worth employing!
Good luck with that interview! Spread the word about these interview tips by sharing this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is Caring.